panic attacks treatment
When you experience panic attacks, you will have to seek help. It is not quite possible for you to fight this problem all by yourself. The amount of panic you will experience and the symptoms may get more severe if you do not seek help for these attacks of panic problems. You will need to call a professional from health care and receive help for panic attacks.

The first thing you need to do in seeking panic help is to get an appointment with the medical doctor who generally treats you. Your doctor will enquire about the symptoms that you are experiencing and also the frequency of the panic attacks. The doctor will gather information regarding your psychological symptoms. You will also need to inform the doctor about your physical symptoms when you are experiencing these panic attacks. It is very important to inform the doctor in detail about your physical reactions to the attacks. This will let the doctor know what the cause of your panic attacks is. It may be due to psychological or medical disorder.

Make a list of all the medications you use for your doctor. Some medications have side effects which may cause nervousness, restlessness, anxiety and other symptoms of panic attacks. It is therefore necessary for your doctor to get to know what the cause of your attack is.

You may need to take a blood test if your doctor has a feeling that it may be due to a medical problem. If certain medications are causing your attacks, your doctor may advise you to change your medications.

Prozac, Xanax or Zoloft are certain medications the doctor may put down for you if he or she thinks that the cause for your attacks may be a result of psychological disorder. If you have more severe attacks the doctor will pass you further for more help in panic attacks. You may be referred to a therapist or a psychiatrist.

A psychiatrist will prescribe psychotropic medication and will also keep a look out for your side effects and symptoms. He will change the medications if he needs to do it. You will have to try out a few medications before your psychiatrist realizes what works best for you. It may take a month to be able to see the whole effects of this medication.

Your psychiatrist or your medical doctor will refer you to a therapist for getting help for these attacks. The therapist will work with you and find out the level of anxiety that you will feel that causes the panic attacks. He will also identify you triggers, teach you to calm down your mind and body and also work through situations that trigger panic attacks.

By: Abhishek Agarwal

About the Author:

Abhishek has got some great Anger Management Secrets up his sleeves! Download his FREE 97 Pages Ebook, “How To Effectively Control Your Anger” from his website . Only limited Free Copies available.


Liked this article? Read another similar article.

Our Random Articles

More Links